Comment and annotate PDF in Ubuntu (12.10)

I finally found a somewhat satisfactory way to comment and annotate PDF files in Ubuntu after trying a few of the solutions suggested by the interwebs. A piece of software called foxit can be run through wine.

I installed wine a while back, but I don't remember if I did anything special. If I recall correctly, I installed wine using these directions at the Ubuntu site.

After downloading the foxit exe from the foxit site, I just ran it with wine and installed using all the defaults.

wine FoxitReader606.0722_enu_Setup.exe


Oh glorious day.

Comments

  1. My solution to annotating papers under linux is a program called "xournal", which I'm sure is available on all distributions. It doesn't require wine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts